Good Afternoon, EVMA Members!
Here's what's happening this week in the wild world of local mountain biking:
Kudos: Molly Nealer, York County Parks Director, gave a big "Thank you!" to everyone who helped with the 30th Anniversary Celebration at New Quarter Park. She said it was a great success. Thank you, Todd Smith, for heading that up, and to all of the EVMA members who turned out to volunteer!
Fall Trip Planning: It is time to make a reservation for the fall trip to Douthat State Park. We are considering the weekends of Sept 11th or 18th. If you haven't done so already, please check the top post on our Facebook page to offer an opinion on which is better and if you might attend. Remember the UCI World Championships are in Richmond Sept 19th through 27th. Several people will be attending.
- May 16th 9:00 am Group Rides & Beginner Women's Ride at YRSP Kids to Parks Day
- May 17th 9:00 am Harwood Mills
- June 6th 9:00 am Freedom Park - Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- May is Bike Month Many cycling groups are having events & rides throughout the month - Google it! Many events are shown on the calendar here.
- Kids to Parks Day YRSP May 16th Group rides at 9:00 and hot dogs/ lunch at Noon. Beginner Women's Ride at 9:00am. See volunteer opportunities below.
- June 6th EVMA Club Meeting Noon at Freedom Park. We'll be grilling burgers. Lunch will be at noon, followed by the meeting.
- Dirt Divas & Beginner Mountain Bike Rides June 6th at Freedom Park, 9:00 AM
- Kids to Park Day at YRSP May 16th - Group rides, grilling lunch. Volunteers needed to lead rides at 9:00 & grill lunch 11:30 to noon. Contact Penny Rich or Kirk Moore to volunteer.
- Be a ride leader This one is easy. No ride leading is actually required, but "Ride Leader" sounds better than "Clip Board Monkey", so we went with it. Bring a clip board with a sign-in page & collect the signatures of riders participating in the EVMA group ride. Contact Penny Rich to volunteer.
- Cooks Needed to grill and volunteers to provide a side dish or dessert for the EVMA Club Meeting, Saturday, June 6th. We'll be providing the burgers. A veggie option will be available.
- Events Coordinator needed contact Jim Irby for more info, or to volunteer.
Enjoy your week & Happy Bike Month!
- Fall Trip Organizer needed. Mostly involves showing up at the park and guiding parking, etc. . . Once again, email Jim Irby to volunteer.