Good Afternoon, EVMA Members!
Here's what's happening this week in the fascinating world of local mountain biking:
EVMA Club Meeting Saturday, June 6th, Noon at Freedom Park. We'll be grilling burgers. Lunch will be at noon, followed by the meeting. We'll be grilling and meeting in the new picnic shelter by the playground.
- Women's T-Shirts: We will have women's cut tee shirt samples at the club meeting. We would like some input as to sizing and colors.
- Summer Group Ride Planning: We would like to schedule group rides for the summer both local and day trips. Please come to the meeting with suggestions and to volunteer.
- Fall Trip Planning: We need a volunteer organizer for the fall trip.
- A big "Thank You!" goes out to everyone who worked at the Wahrani trail work day: Steve Maxey, Kirk Moore, Mike Benton, Mike Gross, Eric Van Dusen, Dave Barker, Robert Maye, Harry Caraway, and Jim Irby. Also, Rob, a local rider, gave us several hours of assistance and planned on joining the club. Kim Turner, New Kent County Parks and Rec. Director, spent several hours helping and was very grateful for all of the work. Most of the signs were put in place. Many decals still need to be installed, and some old markers need to be removed. Ride with caution.
- June 6th 9:00 am Freedom Park* - Dirt Divas & Beginner Mountain Bike Rides *There is a high probability these rides will cancel based on the current forecast. Check Facebook or the website for updates.
Stay dry & enjoy your week!
- Trails are currently very wet at all parks, and Freedom Park trails are closed today. Please give the trails a chance to dry out before you ride.