Hello, EVMA Members!
The EVMA club meeting was held Saturday, June 6th Here's what we discussed:
Treasurer's ReportOur treasurer, Crystal Richardson, was absent and sent the report to Jim Irby, who did not bring it to the meeting. In short, we have money! Seriously though, in the interest of transparency, the report is available to anyone who would like to see it. Email Jim Irby if you are among the financially curious.
Insurance has been renewed with K & K for one year. We are considering and implementing additional measures to help limit liability including:
- Safety rules
- Renewed MOUs
- Stricter enforcement of procedures (Freedom Park)
- Registration as volunteer organization with State Parks (YRSP)
- Background checks for leaders of children’s events (required by NQP, JCC)
Individuals can register as State Park volunteers also, and earn perks for their volunteer work. Visit Virginia State Park's Website to learn more.
The club is evaluating costs & benefits of becoming an IMBA Chapter.
The idea of sponsoring a kids group was brought up and is under consideration. We are working with New Quarter Park & Freedom Park as venues for youth activities. James City County requires background checks for ride leaders.
- Wahrani 10 volunteers worked for 6.5 hours to install new signage and trim trails. We still need to GPS the trails, Steve Maxey is working with the park management to complete this task.
- Upper County Boundary dispute still ongoing.
- New Quarter Park needs trimming. Watch for a trail work day to be scheduled.
- York River we will be installing mileage markers every 1/2 mile on Marl Ravine. Mike Gross is heading up this project.
Summer Group Rides
- Saturday, June 20th 9am New Quarter Park
- Sunday, June 21st 9am Freedom Park*
- July 4th no ride, Sunday, July 5th 9am Wahrani Nature Trail
- Saturday, July 18th 9am - Pocahontas Road Trip, details TBA
- Sunday, July 19th 9am - Freedom Park*
- Saturday, August 1st 9am - Freedom Park*
- Sunday, August 2nd 9am - York River State Park
- Saturday, August 15th - Buttermilk Road Trip, details TBA
- Sunday, August 16th 9am - York River State Park
* YRSP is the default back-up in the event Freedom Park trails are closed
- Saturday, August 1st 12 noon - Club Meeting & Lunch at Freedom Park
- September 18th-19th - Fall Douthat Camping Trip twelve campsites have been reserved. Eric Van Duessen volunteered to be the event coordinator. Thanks Eric!
- Late April/ Early May, 2016 Raystown Lake Spring Camping Trip
Stay cool & enjoy your week!