Hello, EVMA Members!
Here's what's happening this week in the rad world of local mountain biking:
Bryce Park Road Trip June 28th!
Join the EVMA at Bryce Park Sunday, June 28th. Bryce is approximately 3.5 hours from the Norge Park & Ride. Those wishing to carpool can meet there. See details and join the event on the Facebook event page.
Summer Group Rides
- July 4th no ride, Sunday, July 5th 9am Wahrani Nature Trail
- Saturday, July 18th 9am - Pocahontas Road Trip, details TBA
- Sunday, July 19th 9am - Freedom Park*
- Saturday, August 1st 9am - Freedom Park*
- Sunday, August 2nd 9am - York River State Park
- Saturday, August 15th - Buttermilk Road Trip, details TBA
- Sunday, August 16th 9am - York River State Park
* YRSP is the default back-up in the event Freedom Park trails are closed
- Wet trails just keep happening. As always, please allow trails to dry before riding, and call the Freedom Park interpretive center for trail status before you head to the park. (757)259-4022
- Trail Inspections - Trail Captains, please log your inspections and any work for the month of June. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
- Trail Work - Members who do any trail work, please see an email to email@example.com with details: date, trail, number of volunteers, hours, scope of work.
- New Quarter Park needs trimming. Watch for a trail work day to be scheduled.
- Bryce Road Trip June 28th - See item #1 above, and join on Facebook for updates.
- Saturday, August 1st 12 noon - Club Meeting & Lunch at Freedom Park
- September 18th-19th - Fall Douthat Camping Trip - Registration is open on the website. Space is limited so Register now
- Late April/ Early May, 2016 Raystown Lake Spring Camping Trip
Stay cool and/or dry, & enjoy your week!