Hello, EVMA Members!
Here's what's happening this week in the wild world of local mountain biking:
Membership lapsed? Our inexpensive membership dues are an important source of revenue used for trail maintenance and improvements. In the coming year we'll be working on plans to extend the trail network at Harwood Mills, make bridge improvements at Wahrani and York River State Park, general trail repair at New Quarter Park, and extend rock gardens on the Marl Ravine Trail, to name a few. It's fast and easy to renew your membership online at the EVMA website, and help keep mountain bike trail access advocacy rolling for all of us. Renew Now.
Refer a Newbie
Do you know someone who's bike-curious? Reassure them that they're not alone, and that they can find an understanding and supportive environment at our EVMA beginner rides. These no-drop, leader based rides are held the first Saturday of most months, and are a great introduction to the manna that is mountain biking, and the ridiculously awesome riders of the EVMA. See the details, and forward to a friend!
Summer Group Rides
- Saturday, August 1st 9am - Freedom Park* (EVMA Meeting at Noon) Also Dirt Divas and Beginner Ride.
- Sunday, August 2nd 9am - York River State Park
- Saturday, August 15th - Buttermilk Road Trip, details TBA
- Sunday, August 16th 9am - York River State Park
* YRSP is the default back-up in the event Freedom Park trails are closed
- Wet trails Enough with the rain, already! As always, please allow trails to dry before riding, and call the Freedom Park interpretive center for trail status before you head to the park. (757)259-4022
- Trail Work - Members who do any trail work, please see an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details: date, trail, number of volunteers, hours, scope of work.
- Saturday, August 1st 12 noon - Club Meeting & Lunch at Freedom Park
- September 18th-19th - Fall Douthat Camping Trip - Registration is open on the website, and spaces are still available. Space is limited so Register now.
- Late April/ Early May, 2016 Raystown Lake Spring Camping Trip
Other News & Events
Keep the rubber side down, & enjoy your week!