Hello, EVMA Members!
Here's what's happening this week in the wild world of local mountain biking:
EVMA Club Meeting Saturday, August 1st Freedom Park
Start off your weekend with an EVMA group ride at 9AM, and follow up with lunch & our club meeting at noon in the Interpretive Center. We hope to see you there!
Membership lapsed? Our inexpensive membership dues are an important source of revenue used for trail maintenance and improvements. In the coming year we'll be working on plans to extend the trail network at Harwood Mills, make bridge improvements at Wahrani and York River State Park, general trail repair at New Quarter Park, and extend rock gardens on the Marl Ravine Trail, to name a few. It's fast and easy to renew your membership online at the EVMA website, and help keep mountain bike trail access advocacy rolling for all of us. Renew Now.
Summer Group Rides
- Saturday, August 1st 9am - Freedom Park* (EVMA Meeting at Noon)
- Sunday, August 2nd 9am - York River State Park
- Saturday, August 15th - Buttermilk Road Trip, details TBA
- Sunday, August 16th 9am - York River State Park
* YRSP is the default back-up in the event Freedom Park trails are closed
- Wet trails Enough with the rain, already! As always, please allow trails to dry before riding, and call the Freedom Park interpretive center for trail status before you head to the park. (757)259-4022
- Trail Work - Members who do any trail work, please see an email to email@example.com with details: date, trail, number of volunteers, hours, scope of work.
- Saturday, August 1st Noon - Club Meeting & Lunch at Freedom Park
- September 18th-19th - Fall Douthat Camping Trip - Registration is open on the website, and spaces are still available. Space is limited so Register now.
- Late April/ Early May, 2016 Raystown Lake Spring Camping Trip
Other News & Events
Have a great weekend, and ride lots!
- Colonial Revolution A new composite NICA interscholastic mountain bike team has formed and started pre-season practice. Interested middle school and high school students can learn more at the Colonial Revolution website or Facebook Page.