Hello, EVMA Members!
Here's whats happening this week in your fun & fabulous local mountain bike community:
- September - Ride weekends are already booked with Memorial Day & Douthat trip, therefore, there are no scheduled group rides. See EVMA Chatter to find ride buddies or organized your own.
- New Treasurer - Kurt Bradley has volunteered to be our new treasurer. Welcome, Kurt, and thank you for stepping up! Crystal Richardson will be showing Kurt the ropes and closing her TWO YEAR+ term as treasurer. She plans to focus her efforts on youth activities and the Wednesdays On Your Wheel youth race series. We would like to extend a HUGE thank you to Crystal for her truly excellent work as treasurer, and her continued dedication to volunteer efforts in the mountain bike community. You rock, Crystal!!! Thank you!
- Freedom Park Partial Trail Closure Sunday, September 6th -
Trail Work - Members who do any trail work, please see an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details: date, trail, number of volunteers, hours, scope of work.
Trail Captains - Please log your inspections and maintenance hours for August on the website.
Next Meeting October 3rd at New Quarter Park. We will have our group rides there and grill before the meeting.
- Sept 18 19 & 20 - Douthat Camping Trip. We have 24 spaces (4 tents per site). Volunteers are still needed for food. Room is still available. Register now
Membership is down. We will continue to encourage our members to renew, and will request that bike shops check EVMA membership cards before extending the 10% EVMA discount. If you have misplaced your card, contact us at email@example.com to request a new one. Our inexpensive membership dues are an important source of revenue used for trail maintenance and improvements. In the coming year we'll be working on plans to extend the trail network at Harwood Mills, make bridge improvements at Wahrani and York River State Park, general trail repair at New Quarter Park, and extend rock gardens on the Marl Ravine Trail, to name a few. It's fast and easy to renew your membership online at the EVMA website, and help keep mountain bike trail access advocacy rolling for all of us. Renew Now
New Youth Mtb Team
Have a great week, and ride lots!
- Colonial Revolution A new composite NICA interscholastic mountain bike team has formed and started pre-season practice. Interested middle school and high school students grades 6 thru 12 can learn more at the Colonial Revolution website or Facebook Page.