Hello, EVMA Members,
Here's your weekly update from the glamorous world of local mountain biking!
Trip Report from Douthat:
We had another great trip to Douthat State Park this past weekend with perfect mountain biking weather; cool mornings and warm afternoons. We'd like to shout a big Thank You to everyone that helped with Saturday's dinner: Penny Rich for cooking the sauce, Joan Benton for dessert, Melanie Storrs for the salad, Mike Munford for helping cook. Our potluck dinner on Friday was great. Thanks Mike Gross for the country grill BBQ and potato salad. Also, Thanks to Kathy Irby for assisting with food, bike shuttles, and leading the Saturday afternoon Ladies Wine Ride to Blue Ridge Winery! Our next camping trip is tentatively scheduled for April 28 - May 2, 2016 to Raystown Lake, PA.Trails
- Freedom Park will have an event that will impact parking on Saturday, September 26th. The Williamsburg botanical Garden will hold a plant sale from 9am to 3pm, and the parking lot is expected to be very busy. Consider parking at Hornsby Middle School on Jolly Pond Road. Follow the paved path to ride into the park.
- October 4th 10am Tidewater Challenge Course Trail Work Day - Call for volunteers to rake the course for the Tidewater Challenge. Bring a rake, gloves, and water. Watch the signs to direct you down the correct driveway, and park on the left before you get to the paved circle driveway. For more information email Steve Nevins or call (757)880-6091.
- October 9 - 11 Raystown Lake, PA Camping Trip Opportunity - Members are welcome to join this non-EVMA event. Eric Van Dusen will be joining a group of riders from NJ to ride the Alegrippis Trail System. This is a great train system with thirty miles of fun, fast, trails. Everyone is responsible for their own camping accomodations. For more information, please email Eric Van Dusen
- October 18 - Trek Bicycle Demo at NQP details to be announced.
Next Meeting October 3rd at New Quarter Park. Group rides will be at NQP, and we will have a grill out and potluck before the meeting.
- September - Ride weekends are already booked with Memorial Day & Douthat trip, therefore, there are no scheduled group rides. See EVMA Chatter to find ride buddies or organized your own.
Enjoy the amazing fall weather, and ride lots!