Hello EVMA Members!
Here's your weekly update from the wild world of local mountain biking!
- Nope. Not in October. Our ride leaders have their weekend time already committed to working on the Tidewater Challenge race course. We'll be back embracing the cold weather with group rides in November!
- Sunday, October 18th 10am - 2pm: Trek Factory Demo Test Rides at New Quarter Park. See the Webpage or Facebook Event for details.
- Saturday, October 24 & Sunday, October 25: The 28th Annual Tidewater Mountain Bike Challenge. We'll be there. Everyone will be there. You should too. Come out to race, volunteer, or be a spectator - better yet all three! Race Registration Call for Volunteers: We will have an EVMA tent both days and need volunteers to man the tent for 2 or 3 hour shifts. Contact Jim Irby to sign up. Volunteers are also needed to score the race, etc . . . contact Steve Nevins to volunteer.
- Sunday November 1st, and Sunday, November 15th Williamsburg Youth Cycling Mountain Bike Race series at New Quarter Park. Registration opens at 12:45, races start at 1:30pm. Families with children interested in racing can request to join the closed Facebook Group.
- Saturday, November 7th: EVMA Membership Meeting, group rides, and lunch at Freedom Park. Details TBA.
- Sunday, November 8th: Conte's Canned food drive & mountain bike event at New Quarter Park 11am - 4pm. Details TBA.
Thank You to all of our Trail Captains, volunteers, and riders, who removed trees, limbs, and debris from our trails after the recent storms, and to all of you who refrained from riding on wet trails, even though you were dying to ride your bike!
Keep the rubber side down, and enjoy the great fall riding weather!