Hello EVMA Members!
Here's your weekly update from the super-cool world of local mountain biking!
EVMA Membership Meeting
- Saturday, December 5th at Freedom Park - Please join us for our membership meeting & lunch in the Interpretive Center at Freedom Park. Lunch will be served at noon, followed by a brief, informal meeting, including the 2016 Club Officers Election.
- 2016 Club Officers Election According to our bylaws, we must hold an annual election of club officers. Volunteer or nominate someone by contacting any current EVMA Board member. Officers will be elected at the December 5th meeting.
- We still have new EVMA T-Shirts in sport fabric for sale in teal, royal blue, and purple, as well as kids shirts in light blue, $15 each.
- Upper County Park trail is CLOSED due to a property dispute. We will be working with the park to reroute the trail once accurate park boundaries have been determined. It is very important that riders stay off the trail until further notice!
- York River State Park will be CLOSED December 7th - 8th for the Wounded Warrior Hunt (annual culling of the deer population)
- Saturday, December 5th & Sunday December 6th We will be working on the Pump Track at York River State Park starting at 9am Saturday & Sunday. If you can assist, please contact Kirk Moore.
- Saturday, December 5th 10am Freedom Park Group Ride, Dirt Divas, and Beginner Men's ride.
- Sunday, December 6th 10am New Quarter Park
- Saturday, December 19th 10am York River State Park
- Sunday, December 20th 10am - TBA
Weekly Night Rides
- Tuesday 6pm at Harwood Mill - See the Ride Leader for a parking pass to display in your window.
- Wednesday 6pm at New Quarter Park - park in the first parking lot.
- Thursday 6pm at Freedom Park. Cars MUST be completely out of the park by 8pm so gates can be locked.
- Helmets and lights are required & spare lights are recommended (if your main light dies, and you don't have a spare, it's a long, dark, walk out).
- The buddy system is in effect for all rides (ride with a friend), and
- Riders must be off of the trails by 7:30, the group needs to make sure all riders have returned to their cars, and cars must be out of the park by 8pm.
Additional Night Rides are being planned at York River State Park by permit. Watch the EVMA Facebook Page for dates.
We hope to see you at the meeting this weekend!