Hello EVMA Members,
Events This Week
- Nothing scheduled this weekend. As of this writing, Freedom Park trails are open. Most Saturday mornings, a group of EVMA riders meet up at YRSP at 9am, and also at Freedom at 9am.
Future Rides and Events
- August 6th 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides. EVMA Membership Meeting & lunch at noon at the Interpretive Center
- August 7th 9am Group ride York River State Park
- August 20th 9am Road Trip to Pocahontas. Meet at the Croaker Park & Ride lot at 8:15am (Croaker Rd at Rochambeau)
- August 21 9am Group Ride at New Quarter Park
- August 27 Estuaries Day at York River State Park
- October 1st 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- November 5th 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- December 3rd 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- December 18th Chili Cook-Off and Winter Solstice Celebration
Call for Trail Captain at Indian River - IRP is nearly impossible to manage in a way that meets our trail building and maintenance standards, however, we remain committed to keeping trail access open, because it is the only legal mountain bike trail on the South side. South siders, we need your help! Contact Jim Irby to volunteer as a trail captain or in another capacity.
Call for Ride Leaders - You need not be an expert rider to be a ride leader! Please help out and volunteer to lead a ride - pick your favorite park and your favorite trail, and contact ride coordinator, Penny Rich, to add it to the ride calendar!
Opportunities for Young Riders
- Colonial Revolution middle school and high school mountain bike team has started practice for the Fall NICA league race series. Interested middle and high school students can see more information at http://www.colonialrevolution.com/ and should contact Head Coach, Mike Lang for information on practice dates and how to join.
- Sept 23rd - 25th Fall Camping Trip at Douthat. SIGN UP is open
Keep cool & have a great weekend!