Hello EVMA Members,
Here's what's happening in the wild world of local mountain biking, where "Fall" is both a season, and a thing that trees do!
Events this Month:
- October is National Every Mountain Biker Removes Debris From The Trail Month! Okay, we may have made that up, but recent storms have left a mess in every park that will "take a village" to clean up. Thank you to the many EVMA members that have already made concerted efforts to clear trails. Everyone else, please help out in what ever capacity you can. Also, watch the EVMA Facebook Page and EVMA Chatter for opportunities to help Trail Captains clear large trees. Please do not create ride arounds or log piles over downed trees.
- CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS October 22nd 9am-1pm Indian River Trail Work Day hosted by the EVMA & Friends of Indian River Park. Flood conditions made IRP especially vulnerable to high winds, and many trees came down. We will need a lot of volunteers to help with the clean up. Join and see the Event Page for details.
- October 29th & 30th Tidewater Challenge Mountain Bike Race
- October 1st - Dec 31st Marl Ravine trail at YRSP reverses direction. Reverse direction is not optional! Please follow the signs and exercise caution. So. Much. Fun!
Dirt Divas now have their own Group Page on Facebook: Get the latest news on local women's cycling events and group rides. Join Here
Future Rides and Events
- November 5th 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- December 3rd 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- December 18th Freedom Park Chili Cook-Off and Winter Solstice Celebration
New Trail Captain at Indian River - Thank you, Tim Stephens, for volunteering to be the Trail Captain of IRP! Tim will be coordinating with the Parks Dept and The Friends of Indian River on trail maintenance and clean-up. Yay, Tim!
Enjoy the Fall weather, and have a great weekend!