Hello EVMA Members,
Here's what's happening in the completely politically correct world of local mountain biking!TRAIL NOTICE: York River State Park will be CLOSED November 14th and 15th & December 5th and 6th for the Wounded Warrior Hunt. Please do not enter the Park on these days. Many of the hunting stands are on or near the MTB trail. Last year a couple of riders entered the Park and had encounters with the hunters. Additionally, Freedom Park, Wahrani Nature Trail, and York River SP all border or are near hunt clubs. Do not stray from the trail. Be aware of hunters, dogs, and deer.
Events Coming Up:
- Now - Dec 31st Marl Ravine trail at YRSP reverses direction. Reverse direction is not optional! Please follow the signs and exercise caution. So. Much. Fun.
- Night Rides will be posted to the EVMA Facebook page and will happen weekly as long as there are ride leaders!
Future Rides and Events
- December 3rd 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- December 18th Freedom Park Chili Cook-Off and Winter Solstice Celebration
Calling All Night Riders!
FUN FACT All of our parks are closed at night. Anyone using the trails at night without the express permission of the park management is trespassing and damaging the fine reputation our mountain bike community has worked long and hard to build. Please ride our trails only during sanctioned EVMA night ride events.
We had a great response to our Facebook question about night rides. Now we need more ride leaders/coordinators to step up.
- The ride leader will be responsible for the coordination of the sign in sheet and to make sure everyone is off the trail. If the ride breaks into two (fast and slow), he/she will need to coordinate the groups so that everyone is out.
- Most night rides will pedal off at 6pm and be done around 7:30. At Freedom Park, all riders must be off trail by 7:30 and out of Park by 8 when the rangers lock the gate.
- The ride leader will also make the call for cancellation due to inclement weather. Facebook events can be used to coordinate.
If you are willing to volunteer, please post up or email Jim Irby. Without volunteers, these rides will not happen.
It is that time of year again for club elections. If you are interested, the club needs volunteers. Most of the Board said they would continue for now but all positions are open. The club definitely could use volunteers organizing group rides, club meetings, social events, trail captains, and camping trips. Without volunteers, these things will not happen.
Have a great weekend!.