Hello EVMA Members,
Here's what's happening in the fun-filled world of local mountain biking!
Events Coming Up:
- Saturday, Dec 3rd 12noon Membership Meeting and Annual Club Elections - Join us at the Freedom Park Interpretive Center for lunch, followed by a brief membership meeting and election. Some of the Board Members have volunteered to continue, however, all positions are open if someone wishes to volunteer. The position of Secretary is OPEN. The primary duties include taking meeting minutes and coordinating the club email. This is an important position to fill, as it is required for our non-profit status. If you are interested in the position, but cannot attend the meeting, contact Jim Irby. In addition to board members, volunteers are needed to assist with the social aspects of the club; volunteers to assist with lunch at the club meeting, ride leaders for riders new to mountain biking, and volunteers to act as trail captains.
- Saturday, Dec 3rd 10am EVMA Group Rides - Join us at Freedom Park for Dirt Divas, Beginner Men's Ride, and regular group rides.
- Now - Dec 31st Marl Ravine trail at YRSP reverses direction. The reverse direction is not optional! Please follow the signs and exercise caution.
- Night Rides will be posted to the EVMA Facebook page and will happen weekly as long as there are ride leaders!
TRAIL NOTICE: York River State Park will be CLOSED December 5th and 6th for the Wounded Warrior Hunt. Please do not enter the Park on these days. Many of the hunting stands are on or near the MTB trail. Last year a couple of riders entered the Park and had encounters with the hunters. Additionally, Freedom Park, Wahrani Nature Trail, and York River SP all border or are near hunt clubs. Do not stray from the trail. Be aware of hunters, dogs, and deer.
Future Rides and Events:
- December 18th Freedom Park Chili Cook-Off and Winter Solstice Celebration
- Has the lack of daylight got you down? Cheer up and join EVMA for our annual "Winter Solstice Celebration" Sunday, December 18th from 3 till 9pm at Freedom Park. We will have group rides of all skill levels. Bring your lights and even dress up your bike with holiday decorations if you like. After our night ride fun, come inside and join us for a good time while feasting on home made chili and vote on who makes the best dish. Oh, and don't forget to bring your favorite beverage as we will have an ABC license for this event. To ensure this is another awesome event we are looking for volunteers to help set things up. If you can lend a hand or have any great ideas contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you all there!
We hope to see you at the meeting and elections Saturday!