Hello EVMA Members,
Here's what's happening in the leafy world of local mountain biking!
Call For Volunteers:
- Sunday, Dec 11th 9am - 12noon Wahrani Workday Join the EVMA for a little trail maintenance at Wahrani Nature Trail this Sunday. Meet in the parking lot at 9am. We will be relocating several bridges, moving gravel, and clearing a few sections of trail. Join the Event on Facebook.
- The EVMA Board Position of Secretary is OPEN. The primary duties include taking meeting minutes and coordinating the club email. If you are interested in the position, please contact Jim Irby.
- General Volunteers are needed to assist with the social aspects of the club; volunteers to assist with lunch at the club meeting, ride leaders for riders new to mountain biking, and volunteers to act as trail captains. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Jim Irby to match your interests with a task!
Events Coming Up:
- Dog Owners will enjoy Jingle Bark in the Park (not a bike event) Saturday, December 10th at YRSP. Event Page
- Sunday, Dec 11th 9am - 12noon Wahrani Workday (see above) or go to the Event on Facebook.
- Now - Dec 31st Marl Ravine trail at YRSP reverses direction. The reverse direction is not optional! Please follow the signs and exercise caution.
- Night Rides will be posted to the EVMA Facebook page and will happen weekly as long as there are ride leaders and dry trails!
Future Rides and Events:
A Note About Trail Maintenance:
- December 18th Freedom Park Chili Cook-Off and Winter Solstice Celebration
- Has the lack of daylight got you down? Cheer up and join EVMA for our annual "Winter Solstice Celebration" Sunday, December 18th from 3 till 9pm at Freedom Park. We will have group rides of all skill levels. Bring your lights and even dress up your bike with holiday decorations if you like. After our night ride fun, come inside and join us for a good time while feasting on home made chili and vote on who makes the best dish. Oh, and don't forget to bring your favorite beverage as we will have an ABC license for this event. To ensure this is another awesome event we are looking for volunteers to help set things up. If you can lend a hand or have any great ideas contact email@example.com. We hope to see you all there!
- Want to ride around those #$%& rocks? Want to see all those pesky leaves gone? ASK, Don't Act! The health of trees and trails depend on coordinated trail maintenance using approved trail building and maintenance methods, and all technical features and trail revisions need park approval and safe design. Advanced trails with difficult technical sections (ie: Marl Ravine) are intended to be challenging for riders with more advanced skills. Beyond removing windfall limbs, please do not take it upon yourself to improve a trail, or make a section easier to ride. If you have a great idea for a trail improvement, contact Jim Irby to find out how to get your idea considered and implemented. Leaves are important for preventing mud holes and erosion, so please don't blow off trails without prior approval. Safety concerns can be called out on EVMA Chatter and will receive prompt attention.
We hope to see you at the Wahrani Workday Sunday!