Hello, EVMA Members!
Here's what's happening this week in the awesome world of local mountain biking:
Volunteers Needed Saturday
Boy Scout Troop 300's Cason Kerrick will be working on his Eagle Scout project at Freedom Park. Cason will be installing a second bridge at the D trail intersection. The completion of this bridge will allow for future races to be held using all of trail D, since it will be one direction traffic flow on each bridge.
Volunteers are needed to come and give a hand with hauling the material and installation of the bridge. Meet at the Hornsby Middle School parking lot on the back side of the park, this Saturday, July 18th, at 8am. Cason has worked very hard on this project for the past year. He also has it completely funded, and is having Chick-fil-A lunch served for volunteers. Anyone that can lend a hand should bring work gloves and water. RSVP for a lunch count.
Summer Group Rides
- Saturday, July 18th 9am - Pocahontas Road Trip. Meet at 7:45 to car pool from exit 231 (I64 Norge exit) Park-N-Ride lot, or meet at 9am in the Heritage parking lot. Follow the conversation on the EVMA Chatter page.
- Sunday, July 19th 9am - Freedom Park*
- Saturday, August 1st 9am - Freedom Park* (EVMA Meeting at Noon)
- Sunday, August 2nd 9am - York River State Park
- Saturday, August 15th - Buttermilk Road Trip, details TBA
- Sunday, August 16th 9am - York River State Park
* YRSP is the default back-up in the event Freedom Park trails are closed
- Wet trails just keep happening. As always, please allow trails to dry before riding, and call the Freedom Park interpretive center for trail status before you head to the park. (757)259-4022
- Trail Work - Members who do any trail work, please see an email to email@example.com with details: date, trail, number of volunteers, hours, scope of work.
- Saturday, August 1st 12 noon - Club Meeting & Lunch at Freedom Park
- September 18th-19th - Fall Douthat Camping Trip - Registration is open on the website. Space is limited so Register now
- Late April/ Early May, 2016 Raystown Lake Spring Camping Trip
Other News & Events
Stay cool and/or dry, & enjoy your week!