Hello EVMA Members,
Here's what's happening this weekend in the crazy world of local mountain biking!
Events this weekend
- August 20th 9am Road Trip to Pocahontas. Meet at the Croaker Park & Ride lot at 8:15am (Croaker Rd at Rochambeau) See the Facebook Event Page for more info, and to RSVP.
- August 21 9am Group Ride at New Quarter Park
Future Rides and Events
- Dirt Divas now have their own Group Page on Facebook! Get the latest news on local women's cycling events and group rides. Join Here
- August 27 (am - 3pm) Estuaries Day at York River State Park - watch for ride announcements. Interested in leading a group ride or volunteering? Contact Penny Rich.
- August 28 1pm-3pm New Quarter Park Williamsburg Youth Racing Fall series Pre-ride. Race Dates: September 11th, 25th, & October 2nd. October 9th rain date. Registration opens at 12:45, Races begin at 1:30
- October 1st 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- October 22nd 9am-1pm Work Day at IRP hosted by Friends of Indian River Park
- October 29th & 30th Tidewater Challenge Mountain Bike Race
- November 5th 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- December 3rd 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- December 18th Freedom Park Chili Cook-Off and Winter Solstice Celebration
Call for Trail Captain at Indian River - IRP is nearly impossible to manage in a way that meets our trail building and maintenance standards, however, we remain committed to keeping trail access open, because it is the only legal mountain bike trail on the South side. South siders, we need your help! ContactJim Irby to volunteer as a trail captain or in another capacity. Better yet, join us at the meeting this weekend to discuss what you'd like to help out with!
Call for Ride Leaders - You need not be an expert rider to be a ride leader! Please help out and volunteer to lead a ride - pick your favorite park and your favorite trail, and contact ride coordinator, Penny Rich, to add it to the ride calendar!
Opportunities for Young Riders
- Colonial Revolution middle school and high school mountain bike team has started practice for the Fall NICA league race series. Interested middle and high school students can see more information at http://www.colonialrevolution.com/ and should contact Head Coach, Mike Langfor information on practice dates and how to join.
- Business Owners - Colonial Revolution is in need of sponsors! To play a part in building a nationwide scholastic mountain biking league starting in your own community, contact Mike Lang at the link above.
- Sept 23rd - 25th Fall Camping Trip at Douthat. SIGN UP is open
Keep the rubber side down, & we hope to see you at a ride this weekend!