Good Morning, EVMA Members!
Here's what's happening this week in the wild world of local mountain biking:
Insurance Our insurance has been reinstated, so group rides are on.
- Saturday, April 18th 9am Freedom Park - Ride leader - Penny
- Sunday, April 19th 9am York River State Park- Ride leader Penny ( moved from Harwood due to short notice)
- Marl Ravine Trail remains reversed thru April.
- Upper County is next to a hunt club & it's turkey season. There is a land dispute, which means hunters may wander into the park. Hunters do not wear blaze orange in the spring. Exercise caution!
- Freedom D Loop has a new Trail Captain. Thank you, Greg Hurley, for stepping up!
- The Burning of the Socks April 25th 10 am to noon - York River State Park is hosting The Burning of the Socks to celebrate the beginning canoe season. Bring your old socks to burn and then take your canoe out. Kirk and Penny will be leading group rides for those who prefer two-wheeled land-boats.
Help Keep the EVMA Awesome - Volunteer!
- Spring Camping Trip April 30th thru May 3rd We still have room, be a happy camper & SIGN UP
- New Quarter Park 30th Year Celebration May 2nd. We are still looking for volunteers to help out with this event. VOLUNTEER
- Kids to Park Day at YRSP May 16th - Group rides, grilling lunch. Volunteers needed to lead rides at 9:00 & grill lunch 11:30 to noon. Contact Penny Rich or Kirk Moore to volunteer.
- Be a ride leader This one is easy. No ride leading is actually required, but "Ride Leader" sounds better than "Clip Board Monkey", so we went with it. Bring a clip board with a sign-in page & collect the signatures of riders participating in the EVMA group ride. Contact Penny Rich to volunteer.
- Be a Trail Captain We need a Trail Captain for New Quarter Park. Ride the trail once a month, report conditions and hazards, and log volunteer hours. Contact Jim Irby to volunteer or get more details.
- Events Coordinator needed contact Jim Irby for more info, or to volunteer.
May the week bring you blue skies, sweet single track, and may your rubber side stay down!
- Fall Trip Organizer needed. Mostly involves showing up at the park and guiding parking, etc. . . Once again, email Jim Irby to volunteer.