Good Afternoon, EVMA Members!
Here's what's happening this week in the crazy world of local mountain biking:
- May 2nd 10:00 New Quarter Park 30th Year Celebration - we hope to have an A/B & B/C group ride, but still need volunteers!
- May 9th 6:00 am Dexter Klock and Jim Irby will be riding Freedom A D and E at to clear trails of spider webs prior to the trail foot race. Come join!
- May 9th 9:00 am Dirt Divas and Beginner Mountain Bike Rides on C Loop at Freedom Park.
- May 10th 9:00 am Harwood Mills
- May 16th 9:00 am Group Rides at YRSP Kids to Parks Day
- May 17th 9:00 am Harwood Mills
- Marl Ravine Trail remains reversed thru April and returns to normal direction May 1st.
- Upper County is next to a hunt club & it's turkey season. There is a land dispute, which means hunters may wander into the park. Hunters do not wear blaze orange in the spring. Exercise caution!
- Freedom Park D and E trails closed all day May 9th for single track Maniac Run.
- New Trail Captains Thank you Chris Ferguson (NQP) & Greg Hurley (Freedom D) for volunteering!
- Spring Camping Trip It's not too late to join in! April 30th thru May 3rd Be a happy camper & SIGN UP
- May is Bike Month Many cycling groups are having events & rides throughout the month - Google it!
- Kids to Parks Day YRSP May 17th Group rides at 9:00 and hot dogs/ lunch at Noon. See volunteer opportunities below.
- June 6th EVMA Club Meeting Noon at Freedom Park. Dirt Divas & Beginner Mountain Bike Rides at 9:00 AM
Volunteer! *We especially have a need volunteers at NQP on May 2nd!*
- New Quarter Park 30th Year Celebration* Saturday, May 2nd. We are still looking for volunteers to help out with this event. It's not an all-day commitment, come out and help for an hour or two! VOLUNTEER
- Kids to Park Day at YRSP May 16th - Group rides, grilling lunch. Volunteers needed to lead rides at 9:00 & grill lunch 11:30 to noon. Contact Penny Rich or Kirk Moore to volunteer.
- Be a ride leader This one is easy. No ride leading is actually required, but "Ride Leader" sounds better than "Clip Board Monkey", so we went with it. Bring a clip board with a sign-in page & collect the signatures of riders participating in the EVMA group ride. Contact Penny Rich to volunteer.
- Events Coordinator needed contact Jim Irby for more info, or to volunteer.
Enjoy your week & Happy Bike Month!
- Fall Trip Organizer needed. Mostly involves showing up at the park and guiding parking, etc. . . Once again, email Jim Irby to volunteer.