- Did you know: You don't need to attend meetings and group rides to be an EVMA member? If you ride the trails built & maintained by the EVMA, we need your support to keep them maintained and open. The EVMA maintains relationships and user agreements with the City, County and State Park authorities that allow us to build trails, and we help park managers to view mountain bike riders as responsible and beneficial park users. Whether you support us or not, we speak on your behalf to maintain park access. Our inexpensive membership dues are also an important source of revenue used for trail maintenance and improvements. In the coming year we'll be working on plans to extend the trail network at Harwood Mills, make bridge improvements at Wahrani and York River State Park, reroute & re-open the trail at Upper County Park, general trail repair at New Quarter Park, and extend rock gardens on the Marl Ravine Trail. Plus, you receive a 10% EVMA discount on parts & accessories at local bike shops with your membership. It's fast and easy to join or renew your membership online at the EVMA website, and help keep mountain bike trail advocacy rolling for all of us. Wow! Sign Me Up!
- Upper County Park trail is CLOSED due to a property dispute. We will be working with the park to reroute the trail once accurate park boundaries have been determined.
- York River State Park will be CLOSED December 7th - 8th for the Wounded Warrior Hunt (annual culling of the deer population)
- Freedom Park Fall Photo Contest - Please submit your mountain bike pictures from Freedom Park, or direct questions to Alister Perkinson by November 23rd. Also we are looking for photos of any of our parks to update the EVMA website. Send Photos to Jim Irby.
- 2016 Club Officers Election - According to our bylaws, we must hold an annual election of club officers. Volunteer or nominate someone by contacting any current EVMA Board member. Officers will be elected at the December 5th meeting.
- Saturday November 21st 10am York River State Park
- Sunday November 22nd 10am Freedom Park
- Saturday, December 5th 10am Freedom Park Group Ride, Dirt Divas, and Beginner Men's ride.
- Sunday, December 6th 10am New Quarter Park
- Saturday, December 19th 10am York River State Park
- Sunday, December 20th 10am - TBA
Weekly Night Rides
- Tuesday 6pm at Harwood Mill - See the Ride Leader for a parking pass to display in your window.
- Wednesday 6pm at New Quarter Park - park in the first parking lot.
- Thursday 6pm at Freedom Park. Cars MUST be completely out of the park by 8pm so gates can be locked.
- Helmets and lights are required & spare lights are recommended (if your main light dies, and you don't have a spare, it's a long, dark, walk out).
- The buddy system is in effect for all rides (ride with a friend), and
- Riders must be off of the trails by 7:30, the group needs to make sure all riders have returned to their cars, and cars must be out of the park by 8pm.
Night Rides are being planned at York River State Park by permit. Watch the EVMA Facebook Page for dates.
Next Meeting Saturday, December 5th at Freedom Park
Enjoy the great riding weather this weekend!