Hello EVMA Members,
Here's what's happening in the wild world of local mountain biking!
Events this weekend
Future Rides and Events
- August 6th 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides. EVMA Membership Meeting & lunch at noon at the Interpretive Center. Regular & vegetarian lunch options will be provided (bring a few buck to donate towards food costs). Fell like cooking (or shopping)? Bring a dessert to share!
- August 7th 9am Group ride York River State Park
- August 20th 9am Road Trip to Pocahontas. Meet at the Croaker Park & Ride lot at 8:15am (Croaker Rd at Rochambeau)
- August 21 9am Group Ride at New Quarter Park
- August 27 Estuaries Day at York River State Park
- October 1st 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- November 5th 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- December 3rd 9am Freedom Park: Group rides, Dirt Divas & Beginner Rides
- December 18th Chili Cook-Off and Winter Solstice Celebration
Call for Trail Captain at Indian River - IRP is nearly impossible to manage in a way that meets our trail building and maintenance standards, however, we remain committed to keeping trail access open, because it is the only legal mountain bike trail on the South side. South siders, we need your help! Contact Jim Irby to volunteer as a trail captain or in another capacity. Better yet, join us at the meeting this weekend to discuss what you'd like to help out with!
Call for Ride Leaders - You need not be an expert rider to be a ride leader! Please help out and volunteer to lead a ride - pick your favorite park and your favorite trail, and contact ride coordinator, Penny Rich, to add it to the ride calendar!
Opportunities for Young Riders
- Colonial Revolution middle school and high school mountain bike team has started practice for the Fall NICA league race series. Interested middle and high school students can see more information at http://www.colonialrevolution.com/ and should contact Head Coach, Mike Lang for information on practice dates and how to join.
- Business Owners - Colonial Revolution is in need of sponsors! To play a part in building a nationwide scholastic mountain biking league starting in your own community, contact Mike Lang at the link above.
- Sept 23rd - 25th Fall Camping Trip at Douthat. SIGN UP is open
We hope to see you at the meeting Saturday!